Daily Tips & tricks
These are to help you along, if you make these routines then you’re already on the good way.
- Be more conscience and aware about what you eat and drink.
- Learn to say no to food offered in restaurants, supermarkets, etc.
- Replace unhealthy snacks by healthy ones.
- Go for the less processed, low sugar option when you have no real choice.
- Look at the label on the package to see what’s in it and understand the quantities (per serving, per 100gr, per piece, per ….)
- Stay as much as possible away from (chemically) processed foods. The more processed that more These foods contain a lot of sugar and/or salt and all kinds of other (chemical) substances you’ve never heard about.
- Reduce the amount of processed food intake.
- Realize that the food industry has a very strong lobby and that they don’t really care about your health.
- Our body consists of 70% of water, not coke, Diet Coke, juices, sport drinks, etc Stay away from these high sugar content liquids.
- Approx. 80% of your weight is defined by what you eat & drink, only 20% is by sports.
- Practice sports 3-4 times a week. Don’t exaggerate because you will not be able to keep up to it. Walking for 30min is actually already sufficient.
- Don’t be too tough on yourself. Remember it’s all about a life / habit changing. This takes time, be patient. Don’t expect miracles. E.g. if you drink coffee with 4 teaspoon of sugar, don’t stop radically, decrease gradually. One week 3,5 spoons, following week 3, etc. or make it even 2 week intervals.
- Drink spring water instead of purified water as spring water contains essential minerals.
- Eat whole foods instead of white rice, etc. whole foods are less processed and contain (more) essential and important nutrients.